BOONE—A series of workshops focusing on renewable energy and other topics will be held beginning in April at Appalachian State University. The workshops are sponsored by the Appalachian Energy Center.
Continuing education credits will be available. Information about registration, fees and programs is online at http://energy.appstate.edu/programs/workshops.
The workshops offered through June are as follows:
- April 11 – 2012 North Carolina Energy Code Training
- April 26 – Best Practice Code-Compliant PV System Design
- May 2 – NC 2012 Commercial Energy Code Training
- May 12-16 – Introduction to Photovoltaic System Design & Construction (NABCEP Entry Level)
- May 30-31 – Community-based Landfill Gas Development Workshop
- May 30 – The Next Generation of Housing – CE for REALTORS
- June 7 – Distributed Wind Energy Workshop
- June 13-14 – Photovoltaic System Fundamentals
- June 27 – NC 2012 Residential Energy Code Training
Additional workshops focusing on solar thermal water heating, microhydro system design and installation, and building efficiency and indoor environmental quality and will be offered August through October.