BOONE—The Department of Theatre and Dance at Appalachian State University will once again host its popular summer dance series on campus. Classes will be taught in Varsity Gym room 208 and are open to the campus and community. In lieu of a class fee, donations are welcome. Contact Sayward Grindley at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on an email list of details on teachers, classes and calendar line-up.
The series will offer mixed beginning level classes with rotating teachers, dance styles and bodywork classes. The line-up includes rockette/jazz, krump/hip-hop, musical theatre dance, African, yoga, gyrokinesis, contemporary dance, hula, Carolina shag and ballet.
There is no obligation to attend all classes. Children age 10 and older are welcome and younger children are welcome with an adult.
Contact Sayward Grindley at email@example.com to be included on the email list for details on teachers and classes and calendar line-up.
Classes will meet from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. June 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11 and 13. Classes will meet from 5-6:15 p.m. on June 17, 18, 24, 25 and 26.
Dances to be taught are:
- June 3, Rockette for a day with Cheryl Cutlip
- June 4, Hip-Hop with Joshua Carr
- June 5, Musical theatre dance with Dr. Ray Miller
- June 6, African with Sherone Price
- June 10, Sweat Your Prayers with Holly Roark
- June 11, Yoga/modern dance with Emily Daughtridge
- June 13, Gyrokinesis® with Marianne Adams
- June 17, Contemporary dance with Shauna Godwin Hambry
- June 18, Hula with Saphira (Teresa Dickinson)
- June 24, Ballet boot camp with Sayward Grindley
- June 25, Carolina shag with Fred Milano
- June 26, Ballet with Cay Harkins