The Sustainability Council at Appalachian State University is accepting proposals for the Sustainable Arts Grants Awards. The primary goals of these grants will be to educate and raise awareness of sustainability on campus. Students, staff, faculty and administrators are eligible to apply for these grants. Student applications must include a faculty advisor willing to support the project.
A total of $2,500 in grant awards is available. Grant proposals will be reviewed by the following criteria. For a work of art to be “sustainable” it must:
- conveys the idea that all aspects of life are inter-dependent,
- inspires the audience to place greater value on health, justice and friendship
- makes the audience think about environmental (green) issues
- was produced by a system where there is a continuous effort to reduce waste and pollution.
- has the potential to motivate people and to raise money for re-investment in the production of further “sustainable” works.
- raises awareness and provides sustainability education to the ASU campus.
All projects awarded should be displayed/performed/presented on campus during the 2012-13 academic year
All forms of art are acceptable, including two-dimensional, digital, three-dimensional and/or performance projects
Proposals are due April 10 and should include the following information:
- Brief biographical sketch of applicant(s) including name/title/department/campus email and phone number
- Student application should include faculty advisor email address and phone number
- Brief description of sustainable arts project, two-page maximum
- Budget – materials/supplies, consultant, communication (postage/phone), travel, and availability of additional funding from department/university
Please direct questions and send proposals to:
Department of Theatre and Dance
Grant awards will be announced on Tuesday April 24, at 4: p.m. at the Office of Sustainability Celebration of Earth Day in the Plemmons Student Union Solarium.